Ashford 3: – Week 2 – Assignment
Benefits of a Regular Exercise Program
The American College of Sports Medicine and the American Heart Association recommend adults get 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week. Regular exercise has been proven to reduce risk factors for diseases such as cancer, heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes and stroke (Nelson et al., 2007).
Review this week’s Required Resources, including the “Quantity and Quality of Exercise…” article from the American College of Sports Medicine. Examine the effects of exercise on health by addressing the following in your assignment:
- Describe the health benefits from participating in a regular exercise program.
- Identify the physiological responses that occur from a regular exercise program.
- Describe the importance of the warm up and cool down before and after exercise.
- Determine the importance of including flexibility in an exercise program.
- Explain the benefits of resistance training.
- Analyze the health consequences of a sedentary lifestyle.
This assignment must be a minimum of three pages in length (excluding title and references pages). It must be formatted in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Use subheadings to help organize your paper. Include a minimum of three scholarly sources, cited according to APA style. At least one of your sources must be from the Ashford University Library.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.