Ashford 3: – Week 2 – Assignment
Health Education Settings
Health education is shaped by the audience it targets, and is often dictated by the setting in which health education takes place. Provide a thorough description of the four traditional settings (school, public, worksite, and health care). Include the following in your descriptions:
- The goal(s) of health education programs in each setting.
- The reasoning behind selecting each setting as an appropriate place for health education programs.
- The need for trained health education specialists in each setting.
- A brief summary that describes a typical day for a health education specialist working in each setting.
- A description of the additional responsibilities for each setting.
- The advantages and disadvantages of working in each setting.
- Describe possible non-traditional settings and other opportunities that are available for the professionals in this field.
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.