Week 5 – Discussion 2
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses.
Systems Development Lifecycle
The system development lifecycle (SDLC) is an ongoing process that does not end when a new health information system is implemented. The SDLC is dependent on many different stakeholders. In your response,
- Compare and contrast the stages of the life cycle
- Include the key factors that differentiate the stages.
- From you research, provide two specific examples of each stage in the cycle.
- What resources would you use in the planning of a replacement for the information system?
Guided response: Your initial post should be a minimum of 200-250 words.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Sources should be cited in APA format, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- You must respond to at least two of your classmate’s posts by Day 7.
- Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.
- In your follow-up posts, how could you relate a home improvement project ( repainting a room, remodeling a bathroom, etc.) to the SDLC stages. Provide explicit examples.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your discussion.