Ashford 2: – Week 1 – Discussion
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Interoperability and Vocabulary Mapping.
Vocabulary mapping supports the interoperability of health information systems by using controlled vocabularies to increase communication between these systems. Think of a scenario in which two health information systems would need to transmit data to each other. In your response:
- Identify the two health information systems
- Give specific examples of ten terms these systems would need to transmit to each other.
- For each term identify the category (one to one, narrow to broad, broad to narrow or unmappable) that would be used as part of the vocabulary map.
Guided response: Your initial post should be a minimum of 200-250 words.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Sources should be cited in APA format, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- You must respond to at least two of your classmate’s posts by Day 7.
- Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.
- After reading the other initial postings, include two recommendations for one to one mapping.