Ashford 6: – Week 5 – Final Project
For the Final Project, you will prepare a four- to five-minute audiovisual presentation on a health informatics topic that includes the following:
- Audiovisual format: To meet the audiovisual requirement, your project must contain something to see and something to hear; however, the format is up to you. Be sure to copy the link to your video, paste it into a Word document and upload the document using the Assignment Submission button. Please review the following list of suggested free software:
- Screencast-O-Matic is a freely available online tool that allows you to create and share screencasts. Review the Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start Guide for more information to help you get started.
- Screenr is a freely available online tool that allows you to create and share screencasts. Review the Screenr Quick-Start Guide for more information to help you get started. You may view the Screenr demonstration video or contact Screenr Help directly for assistance using the software program.
- You may also search on your own to locate a program of your choice.
Note: If you have difficulty creating or viewing videos using the programs above, you may need to update your browser. To perform a browser check, view this HelpNow! video and learn how to update your browser.
- Title page: Include a title page with the following:
- Title of Final Project
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Topic: During this course, we explore many different components of health informatics. Pick a topic of interest to you and prepare a four- to five-minute video. This should reflect new information and not be a recap of information learned in this course or another course. Choose one topic from the list:
- Evidence-based practice and informatics
- Public health informatics
- The evolving ePatient
- International efforts, issues, and innovations related to informatics
- Simulation in health care
- Analytics and design-led innovations and management
- Big data: challenges, opportunities, and realities
- Incorporating mobile devices and sensors into daily routines. The potential impact for mHealth is enormous. For example, an individual might spend 15 minutes or less per year with a primary-care physician, whereas the same person has nearly constant contact with a mobile device.
- Applying clinical care guidelines on, and within, mobile platforms
- Gathering and using data (particularly intensive longitudinal data) to study effectiveness of an mHealth intervention
- Consumer informatics
- Applications of social media in health care
- Biomedical applications based on sensor data
- Chronic disease management and preventative solutions
- The four- to five-minute presentation should be set up as a staff educational session on your selected topic.
- Your presentation must:
- Define your topic and explain its relevance to health informatics.
- Describe any ethical issues associated with your topic.
- Describe any associated laws, regulations, or voluntary standards that are relevant to the topic.
- Explain how the topic relates to or impacts health care delivery, administration, education, data administration, or research.
- Summarize associated data capture tools and technologies.
- Describe a specific example of your topic in use in health care.
- References: Include five scholarly references, in addition to the textbook, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.