Ashford 5: – Week 4 – Case Study
Select two of the following case studies and address the questions:
- Describe: What additional information is needed to clarify what problems may exist, and what changes may be needed in terms of shared data between the institutions?
- Examine: Can the EHR system currently being installed be used to share data between these institutions more effectively and securely? If yes, how would this be done?
- Compile: In your position as Chief Health Informatics Specialist, how would you go about determining whether there are other potential security issues that now need to be managed by the hospital?
- Describe: What approach would you take to address the reporting problem?
- Examine: preadmission testing data being collected on paper. Describe how this effort can be approached. What methods can be used to implement the process?
- Compile: Using the Patient Safety and quality research design (PSQRD) methodology, identify an area of quality improvement in the hospital setting, develop a process plan, and identify the expected outcomes.
- Describe: Assume you are the leader of the KM effort. Where would you start to improve the user experience?
- Examine: Pharmacists supporting the ICUs are asking for your help to improve their situation (their user experience) because they are forced to use nonintegrated systems. What methods would you use to examine the issue?
- Compile: The institution is in the process of purchasing new physiologic monitors for their step-down unit. Describe how usability should be incorporated as part of the purchasing process. Design a brief usability test to support the purchasing process.
- Describe: How would you go about assessing the current state of health IT governance and your organization’s health IT governance capabilities?
- Examine: What issues would you need to consider in recommending improved health IT governance at your institution?
- Compile: How could the informatics governance at your institution be more centralized so as to allow for an enterprise-wide approach to prioritizing informatics efforts?
- Describe: How can nurses’ best leverage their clinical background when providing testimony as expert witnesses?
- Examine: When preparing testimony, should a nurse expert witness focus primarily on developing nursing-specific content or should his or her nursing background be used more as a context for the discussion?
- Compile: What are the advantages and disadvantages of each approach?
For each case study, your paper should be two to three pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. In addition to the textbook, utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources per study to support your points. Cite and reference your sources in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.