Ashford 4: – Week 3 – Discussion 1
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
By Day 1 of Week One, your instructor will assign you one of following options to complete as your initial post for this discussion.
- Option 1: Chapter 13 Discussion Questions. Answer questions 1, 2, 3, and 4 on page 224 in your textbook.
- Option 2: Chapter 15 Discussion Questions PHR. Answer questions 1, 2, and 3 on page 244 in your textbook.
- Option 3: Debate Employer contribution to employee health insurance. Students will be assigned one of two positions:
- Pro: Employers who contribute to the cost of employee health insurance can require employees to monitor certain health parameters to maintain coverage.
- Con: Employers who contribute to the cost of employee health insurance should not require employees to monitor certain health parameters to maintain coverage.
Your initial post should clearly state your position and include three substantive reasons to support your assigned position.
Initial post: Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words. In addition to the textbook, utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources to support your points. Cite and reference your sources in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Guided Response: After reading your fellow classmates’ posts, provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers by Day 7 that includes a thorough and constructive analysis and relates to relevant course concepts. Your peer responses should be a minimum of five full sentences. Compare and contrast your initial post with your peer’s post. Share an additional perspective or present new information about the discussion topic. Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.