Ashford 3: – Week 2 – Case Study
Select two of the following case studies and answer the questions associated with those case studies.
- How are patients prioritized for bed assignment?
- Describe some of the advantages and disadvantages of this new software; include the stated organizational goals in your answer.
- Discuss how this software might share data with other institutional applications to provide a dashboard view of census-type activity.
- Which components are critical to Mrs. Smith staying safely in her home?
- Describe whether Mrs. Smith’s regimen might be augmented using mhealth applications.
- Why would it be important to introduce the clinicians to standardized terminologies and involve them in discussions about electronic health records (EHRs) before contacting potential software vendors, or should you use the reverse approach?
- What steps would you need to complete before reporting to the board of directors?
- Describe the approaches you would use to ensure that all aspects of patient care were considered when developing a clinical decision support (CDS) system.
- How would you prioritize the efforts of your CDS team?
- How would you balance the need to deliver desired CDS capabilities quickly against the benefits of establishing robust infrastructure to enable future deliverables to be implemented more quickly?
- Identify one area for quality and value improvement.
- Define CDS interventions that you would implement to address this area of need.
- Describe how your approach aligns with the best practices discussed in this chapter.
- How would you systematically measure the impact of these CDS interventions?
For each case study, your paper should be two to three pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. In addition to the textbook, utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources per case study to support your statements.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.