After reading all three articles that you selected from the library, reflect on the process of scholarly writing by answering the following questions:
- What did you notice about the writing style overall in the articles you selected?
- How did the writing in the academic journal articles compare to writing you might find from other sources, such as books or magazines?
- What did you notice about the citations in the articles you selected?
- What did you notice about word choice, tone, objectivity, and level of detail in the articles you selected?
- Planning for your own future academic publications, what are a few things you will be focusing on as far as your personal scholarly writing skill development as you work through your courses?
- Knowing that scholarly writing is an iterative process that requires many drafts, much feedback, and extensive editing and rewriting, how can you best prepare for this challenging process mentally, emotionally, and academically?
Length: 3-4 pages of content
References: Include a full-reference list and in-text citations for each of the 3 articles you review. Be sure to use this first assignment as a way to refresh your use of accurate APA format.
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect graduate-level writing and APA standards.