- Ethically questionable or unacceptable use of information technology includes individuals who hack into others’ systems and steal information, organizations that collect and use information without checking its validity or their right to use it, and employees who destroy or steal proprietary information.
Research an organization that recently experienced an IT-related ethics breach. (Your team could also come up with a scenario of a breach based on instructor assigned topics.)
Imagine your team has been brought in as consultants to analyze and explain the consequences of the breach to the stakeholders of the company. Your team should suggest ethical practices going forward to reduce the possibility of a breach like this occurring in the future.
Create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that your team will present to the stakeholders of the company. In your presentation, ensure you:
- Explain why this was an ethical breach.
- Explain the organizational losses in terms of money, employees, customers, and reputation.
- Propose ethical practices that the organization should follow in the future to guard against a similar breach.
- Include any environmental, socioeconomic, political, legal, and global trade factors in your recommendation.
- Include robust speaker notes on each content slide to demonstrate how you would present the information on the slide.
Include a minimum of 2 sources to support your recommendations.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
- Wk 2 Team – Ethics in IT [due Mon]
Goals & standards
Aligned with assessment (1)
- 2.22.2 Clarify ethical practices in terms of information security, taking into account environmental, socioeconomic, political, legal, and global trade factors.Goal Set & CategoryBSA_500Course Objective