Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Why We Hate HR
Read the article “Why We Hate HR (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.“. Address three out of the five questions below:
- Is there more to HR than its predecessor, PA? Discuss the arguments for and against this notion.
- Based on your experience, to what extent do you agree or disagree with Hammonds’ arguments and why?
- In your opinion, who is responsible for HR not reaching its full potential in general? Who is responsible for HR not reaching its full potential in your organization (if applicable)?
- Based on what you have learned so far, how can HR act as a strategic business partner in general? How can HR act as a strategic partner in your organization?
- After reading Hammond’s article, do you think your employer should increase, decrease or outsource HR roles and functions and why?
Use at least one additional scholarly source and provide the link within the body of your initial post to further support your analysis.
Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. Address their answers to the three selected questions as well as to the outside article they shared.