Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses.
Socialism and Communism
Discuss all of the following questions using examples from the text and providing your own original analysis:
- How are socialism and communism alike? How are they different?
- What accounted for the rising popularity of both Socialist and Communist ideals?
- How did strike actions affect European societies during this period?
- What did the average European think of socialism and communism?
- What role did socialism and communism play in the First World War?
- What effect did socialism and communism have on European society during this period?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.