You will upload a presentation on your chosen topic with 5 to 10 slides to our Canvas Web site by your presentation due date. If you do the Zoom presentation during that evening’s Live Chat (between 6:50 pm and 8:00 pm) for extra credit, I suggest you allow a few minutes for the class to ask questions.
Here is a list of possible topics for you to choose from. This includes topics you already wrote about in class. You must make reference to one or more sources (fiction, poetry, or drama) that are mentioned in our Syllabus.
- Sandra Cisneros and the Latina experience in literature.
- Langston Hughes, Alice Walker, and the African-American experience in literature.
- Ray Bradbury, Ursula K. LeGuin, and the literature of utopia and dystopia.
- Tim O’Brien, Wilfred Owen, and the literature of war.
- Tillie Olson, Susan Glaspell, and feminist literature.
- William Shakespeare, John Donne, and the literature of romantic love.
- Ancient versus Modern Drama.
- Technology and the Future.
- Romantic Love versus Family Love.
- The Apocalypse.