Effects of the Federal Reserve’s Monetary Policy on the Financial Institutions and Markets
Changes in the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy have been directly affecting the U.S. economy that includes the financial institutions and markets. For this Final Paper, select one large U.S. financial institution/intermediary (e.g., a commercial bank, an investment bank/company, an insurance company, or any other financial institution) to evaluate how changes in the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy—expansionary or contractionary—have been affecting the U.S. financial institutions and markets.
- In your Final Paper,
- Evaluate how the Federal Reserve monitors and influences unemployment and inflation in the U.S. economy.
- Describe the Federal Reserve’s traditional and nontraditional monetary policy tools.
- Describe the pros and cons of the Federal Reserve’s implementation of expansionary or contractionary monetary policy tools under different economic situations (e.g., a recession/depression vs. an economic boom).
- Assess your institution\intermediary’s financial situations during the previous five years.
- Appraise how your institution/intermediary has been responding to changes in the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy.
- Explain how the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy affects your institution/intermediary in the financial market. Discuss in detail.
- Explain how you would expect the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy to change in the next six months, based on the financial market today, addressing the following:
- Is the Federal Reserve more likely to implement expansionary policy or contractionary policy?
- How would this change affect your institution/intermediary and the financial markets?
- How would your institution/intermediary respond to the anticipated Federal Reserve’s monetary policy change?
The Final Paper
- Must be eight to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least FIVE SCHOLARLY, peer-reviewed, and other credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style