Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Read the following scenario:
A manager says, “We need a training course on time management. We have 30 field representatives coming in for a conference next week and only 20% of them are actually meeting their goals. This is disappointing because they had the training four months ago but still have not met their overall goals in sales and customer service. I want you to give them a half-day training on time management.”
Provide a detailed description of how you would respond to and proceed in this situation. In your post, respond to the following questions:
- What is the purpose of a training needs analysis (TNA)?
- How do you determine when needs analysis should be conducted?
- Is it always necessary to conduct a TNA?
- What methods and tools would you use to help this manager?
Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words. Use this week’s lecture as a foundation for your initial post. In addition to the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text, use at least one additional scholarly source to support your discussion.
Respond to at least two other posts regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your reply, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from the posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your initial discussion thread and your classmates’ postings?
- What are the differences or similarities in the specific methods and tools you would use to help this manager compared to those identified by others?
- Analyze the methods and tools chosen by others. Do you agree or disagree with the choices? Why or why not? Provide examples where possible.
Your reply posts should be a minimum of 150-250 words each.