Complete the Practice Lab titled “Inventory Assets on Network and Identify Vulnerabilities.”
Capture screenshots and place in a Microsoft® Word document as specified within the lab instructions.
At the end of the lab, you will be asked to respond to the following in a 1- to 2-page response at the end of your Microsoft® Word document:
- Write a brief description of a vulnerability found in the scan, including the operating system on which it was found, its risk factor, and its CVSS scores.
- Are the results of default scans different than the credentialed scan? Why might that be?
- What types of vulnerabilities might an attacker without any credentials be able to identify and exploit?
- This was a simple three computer LAN. How much more complicated would this process be for 100 computers? What about an enterprise with 10,000 computers on their LAN/WAN?
- Consider a cloud-hosted Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment with many new, internet-accessible systems regularly being built and brought online. What advantages or challenges might there be with regard to vulnerability management in the cloud?