In this project, you will address emerging technologies and their impacts on business management within the entertainment industry. You will read about and then show your understanding of business technology, including hardware and operations software. You will connect the information about business technology, including hardware and operations software, to specific entertainment business needs. The focus will be on how technology can be used to address specific entertainment business needs.
This project will help you identify the common types of business software and hardware technologies that are required for specific business needs. When you have a business and are providing your employees with the tools they need, you will need to be able to make decisions based on knowledge of information technology.
- Internet research and digital literacy knowledge
- Research paper formatting requirements
- The Startup Checklist, David S. Rose, John Wiley & Sons, 2016
Chapter 15: Choosing Your Key Technologies, Platforms, and Vendors
- 101 Essential Small Business Tools to Ramp Up Productivity, Alyssa Gregory, The Balance, 2016
- LAFS Research Documentation Guidelines
- Date: Thursday, June 4, 2020
- Time: 7:00 — 7:30 pm ET / 4:00 — 4:30 pm PT
- Topic: Business Technology Analysis and Business Continuity Tools
- Join the Zoom meeting at this link.
- Class Password: 825876
Join me for this live classroom session. Bring your questions and ideas. The live session will provide guidance for every step of the assignments and the Project. In addition, I’d really like to see everyone there, because the topic of business continuity has never been more relevant.
I look forward to meeting with each of you, and having a fun and productive class!
0:00 / 6:091x
Select 5 business technologies from this list.
- Office Suite
- Cloud Hosting
- File Storage
- Team Communications
- Project Management
Write a paper using MS Word, or a word processor of your choice, that includes the following:
- Write an introduction in which you list the technologies you chose, and why you chose them.
- Research the technologies you selected. Write a few descriptive sentences about each of your selected business technologies, answering these questions:
- Why is this business software technology important for business? How might it be used in the entertainment business?
- Look up a specific example for the business technology and describe it. What features and services does it offer?
- What kinds of computers, hardware, or networks does this business technology require?
- Remember to add all of your source websites or Safari books in your References at the end of your paper.
- Write a paragraph about the using information technology for business continuity. How would you use, or are you using, technology to ensure your company could still run smoothly after a disaster?
- Write a conclusion paragraph about the importance of information technology in business. How do you think technology can help an entertainment business achieve its goals?
- Optional: Was there anything you learned that was new, found interesting, want to find out more about, or had difficulty understanding?
Remember to add a Title page at the start, a References page at the end, and citations formatted according to the LAFS Research Documentation Guidelines (see Student Resources on the course home page).
You will submit 1 item:
- Your project should include research and citations. You may use MS Word or the word processing program of your choice.
- Name your file using this naming convention: LastName_FirstInitial_AssignmentTitle (for example, SORKIN_A_AssignmentName.docx).
- Submit your file to complete the assignment.