1) What do we mean by “ethical practice?”
2) What is the relationship between “ethics and “morality?”
3) How do the notions of “high ethical standards” and “best practices” relate to one another?
4) Can you think of examples (either personal or hypothetical) of where a person’s “personal ethics” can come into conflict with “professional best practices” in the workspace? What is the role of a public manager in addressing such issues in the workplace?
Denhardt & Denhardt Chapter 4
- Robert P. Goss. A Distinct Public Administration Ethics? Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory: J-PART, Vol. 6, No. 4 (Oct., 1996), pp. 573-597.
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1181906